Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Depthblue <de...@centrum.cz> on 2007/04/16 15:39:39 UTC

How set property from parent pom.xml in child pom.xml

Hi,

I have one parent.pom with list of properties

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	4.0.0
	pom
	WebAd
	0.0.1

		${project.version}
		${basedir}
		${rootDirectory}/src
		${rootDirectory}/test
		${testDirectory}/resources

And I have second child pom.xml. I can read property ${myVersion} in this
pom. But I would want to set this property in this (child) pom.xml and then
I would want to read this changed property in parent pom.xml.

How can i do this?

Thans Tomas

Re: How set property from parent pom.xml in child pom.xml

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I don't think you can do that in maven. AFAIK, properties are not
inherited from the parent pom
and you cannot also do the other way around (child to parent).

Thanks,
Deng