Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Andrea K." <ak...@alteanet.it> on 2007/02/21 16:09:39 UTC

Re: [JCR Browser] Oracle JDBC & JCA Connection questions

I explain questione nr. 1:
- OraclePersistenceManager/OracleFileSystem works
- JNDIDatabaseFileSystem/JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager give me the NULL
error creating workspace tables on Oracle 10g.

Any help for question nr. 2?

Thanks a lot.
Andrea -

Re: Oracle JDBC and persistence managers

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 2/21/07, Shaun Barriball <sb...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The "Oracle JDBC & JCA Connection questions" thread has included a number of
> useful recommendations on which Persistence Managers to use, over and above
> info available on the faq
> (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/faq.html#pm-available)
>
> Is there a good resource which summarises all the latest known info on
> Persistence Managers?
>
> For our own setup I'm specifically interested in:
>  1) what are the benefits of using the SimpleDbPersistenceManager versus
> OraclePersistenceManager when using Oracle? (We're using Oracle and hadn't
> realised there was a dedicated manager)

i wrote the dedicated oracle pm because SimpleDbPersistenceManager
didn't work with certain oracle jdbc driver/db versions. i am
surprised that SimpleDbPersistenceManager works for you on oracle ;)

what i know for sure is that the geenric DatabaseFileSystem doesn't
work with oracle.

>  2) is anyone out there using MySql with the SimpleDbPersistenceManager?
>
> We've already found Oracle/SimpleDbPersistenceManager to be much faster than
> DerbyPersistenceManager.

this is hard to believe, i experienced the exact opposite. anyway, i
am glad that it is fast ;)

cheers
stefan

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.