Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "L.Daigremont" <ld...@axway.com> on 2009/04/03 17:21:57 UTC

Local and Distributed queues

We would elaborate a distributed broker topography in which brokers can also
have "Local queues" e.g non-distributed queues which can actually be used
only into a local context.

Is it existing a way to do that the broker could contain as well distributed
queues which can be read by other brokers of the network of brokers, and
local queues only readable by the relevant broker.
(with configuration, while creating queues or any other way)

Thx
LD

Re: Local and Distributed queues

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

sure, you can use something like

          <excludedDestinations>
              <queue physicalName="local.>"/>
          </excludedDestinations>

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by "L.Daigremont" <ld...@axway.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
check out the "excludedDestinations" attribute of a network xml
configuration <http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html>, using
this you can define local destinations that will not be distributed. This
attribute is a list or queues and or topic names.

Check out an example configuration from the unit tests:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/activemq/network/duplexLocalBroker.xml?view=markup

2009/4/3 L.Daigremont <ld...@axway.com>

> We would elaborate a distributed broker topography in which brokers can
> also
> have "Local queues" e.g non-distributed queues which can actually be used
> only into a local context.
>
> Is it existing a way to do that the broker could contain as well
> distributed
> queues which can be read by other brokers of the network of brokers, and
> local queues only readable by the relevant broker.
> (with configuration, while creating queues or any other way)
>
> Thx
> LD

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA