Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by jb...@sparnord.dk on 2008/02/27 22:38:56 UTC

NTLM Authentication and User Preferences

Hi...

I have set up JSPWiki 2.6.1 using NTLM Authentication (
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/NTLMAuthentication) on Tomcat 5.5 and using
JDK 1.4. Most of the functionality of JSPWiki seems to work, but I have a
problem with "User Preferences".

I would like user to e.g. be able to chose there favorite editor (plan,
wikiwizard or FCK), but when I save the preferences nothing happens. I get
the following in my log:

INFO SecurityLog SASWiki:/wiki/Wiki.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp -
WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED
[source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@5bf624,
princpal=jcifs.smb.NtlmPasswordAuthentication domain\xxxx,
target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@1da87db]

WARN com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession SASWiki:/wiki/Wiki.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp - User profile 'domain\xxxx' not
found. This is normal for container-auth users who haven't set up a
profile yet.

INFO JSPWiki SASWiki:/wiki/UserPreferences.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/UserPreferences.jsp - Redirecting user to
http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Main

It should be noted, that I get a user name on the form "domain/user-name"
when using NTLM authentication. I don't know if this can be the source of
the problem.

I have tried to manually add users to userdatabase.xml, but this doesn't
seem to resolve the problem.

A workaround would could be to added an editor chooser drop down to the
page editor, but I am not sure how to do that.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Jens B. Christiansen

RE: NTLM Authentication and User Preferences

Posted by jb...@sparnord.dk.
I tried to add to following the EditContent.jsp:

    Editor:
    <select onchange="location.href=this.value">
      <wiki:EditorIterator id="editor">
        <option <%=editor.isSelected()%>
value="<%=editor.getURL()%>"><%=editor.getName()%></option>
      </wiki:EditorIterator>
    </select>

This seems to create the links I want e.g.
http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Edit.jsp?page=Main&editor=FCK, but I still only gets
the plain editor. Shouldn't the <wiki:Editor /> tag give me the right
editor, or have I misunderstood how thing work?

Regards

Jens B. Christiansen

"Christophe Dupriez" <ch...@poisoncentre.be>

28-02-2008 09:41
Besvar venligst til
jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

Til
"jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org" <js...@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Emne
RE: NTLM Authentication and User Preferences

I have the same problem here... BUT my network manager wants me to leave
NTLM for Kerberos (more current standard Microsoft security schema).

I will let you know if it tougher or easier than NTLM+LDAP (which was
rather easy except for the problem you mention) at the end...

Christophe

That's weird.  I get a domain\username form that causes problems with
the Profile as well, but with an illegal character reference.

--

Eric Ladner

RE:

RE: NTLM Authentication and User Preferences

Posted by Christophe Dupriez <ch...@poisoncentre.be>.

--

Eric Ladner

RE:

Re: NTLM Authentication and User Preferences

Posted by Eric Ladner <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Ladner