Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 04:59:48 UTC

[Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Hi All,

I am a solr newbie. I find solr documents easy to access and use, which is
really good thing. While my problem is I did not find a solr home grown
profiling/monitoring tool.

I set up the server as a multi-core server, each core has approximately 2GB
index. And I need to update solr and re-generate index in a real time
manner (In java code, using SolrJ). Sometimes the update operation is slow.
And it is expected that in a year, the index size may increase to 4GB. And
I need to do something to prevent performance downgrade.

Is there any solr official monitoring & profiling tool for this?

Spark

Re: [Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Posted by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the information.

Posted by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
NewRelic also offers an online Solr monitoring tool. You can sign up via
the Lucid Imagination site.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=new+relic#/s:lucid

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: [Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Posted by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com>.
hi ,

Posted by Andre Bois-Crettez <an...@kelkoo.com>.
SolrMeter is useful too, it can be plugged to a production server just
to watch evolution of caches usage :
http://code.google.com/p/solrmeter/wiki/Screenshots#CacheHistoryStatistic
André

Re: [Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Posted by ka...@gmx.de.

Re: how to transform a URL (newbie question)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I think you're confusing Solr with a web app <G>....

Solr itself has nothing to do whatsoever with presenting
things to the user. It just returns, as you have seen,
XML (or JSON or ....) formatted replies. It's up to the
application layer to do something intelligent with those.

That said, the /browse request handler that ships with the
example code uses something
called the VelocityResponseWriter to render pages, where
the VeolcityResponseWriter interacts with the templates
Erik Hatcher mentioned to show you pages. So think of
all the Velocity stuff as your app engine for demo purposes.

Erik is directing you at that code if you want to hack the
Solr example to display stuff.

Hope that helps
Erick (not Hatcher <G>)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.