Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by soyol aron <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 07:22:49 UTC

the question about installing OO‘ sdk

Hi all,
I have some question about installing OO‘ sdk. I know that this topic is
might not be appropriate for discussing at here. But I can't subscribe to
the api@openoffice.apache.org, It always return me the message like below
at the step I confirm my mail address.

>      gmail.com@openoffice.apache.org
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server
> for the recipient domain openoffice.apache.org by mx1.eu.apache.org.
> [192.87.106.230].
> The error that the other server returned was:
> 550 mail to gmail.com@openoffice.apache.org not accepted here

So my question is that after I installed OO'sdk, I followed the Install
Guid(C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\sdk\docs\install.html) to
get additional tools , But
*Question 1*: zip tool can not be downloaded. Is there any alternative
tools?
this is the URL I referred, both download link is not accessible.

http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html#Downloads

*Question 2*: If that additional tools is open source why don't put(e.g.GNU
make, zip tools) them into SDK's Installation package? Is there any license
problem?

Regards

--
Aron

RE: the question about installing OO‘ sdk

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
<orcnote> inline

> I have some question about installing OO‘ sdk. I know that this topic is
> might not be appropriate for discussing at here. But I can't subscribe to
> the api@openoffice.apache.org, It always return me the message like below
> at the step I confirm my mail address.
>
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>>      gmail.com@openoffice.apache.org
>> Technical details of permanent failure:
>> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server
>> for the recipient domain openoffice.apache.org by mx1.eu.apache.org.
>> [192.87.106.230].
>> The error that the other server returned was:
>> 550 mail to gmail.com@openoffice.apache.org not accepted here
>

> So my question is that after I installed OO'sdk, I followed the Install
> Guid(C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\sdk\docs\install.html) to
> get additional tools , But
> *Question 1*: zip tool can not be downloaded. Is there any alternative
> tools?
> this is the URL I referred, both download link is not accessible.
>
> http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html#Downloads

<orcnote>
	It would seem that 7-zip would be a better Windows choice,
     unless there are command-line differences that make use in existing
     scripts more work.  7-zip has the advantage of being relatively
     well-maintained and apparently stable.
     <http://www.7-zip.org/>.

	I have not had difficulty accessing the info-zip links. I did not
     attempt any downloads though.

	Windows also has Zip installed automatically, but not as a command-
     line tool.  It is a form of folder on Windows, although you can use
     Available tools also (WinZip, 7zip, etc.).
</orcnote>

> *Question 2*: If that additional tools is open source why don't put(e.g.GNU
> make, zip tools) them into SDK's Installation package? Is there any license
> problem?

yes I think it is mainly a license issue. And on most systems the tools
are available anyway apart from Windows. I will try to find some working
links, I haven't checked the referenced ones for some time.

Juergen

Re: the question about installing OO‘ sdk

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.