Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by troy <gi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/27 15:27:39 UTC

user-defined variables in recorded request URLs

I'm committing a no-no by reposting, but was afraid that this message wasn't
being viewed on the JMeter super forum.

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/user-defined-variables-in-recorded-request-URLs-td2853871.html
http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/user-defined-variables-in-recorded-request-URLs-td2853871.html

If anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful.

thanks,
troy

Re: user-defined variables in recorded request URLs

Posted by yj2133011 <27...@qq.com>.
I think the best way to solve your problem is to introduce the variables
after recording the test. Alternatively, you can set the value of the
pre-defined variables to something like this "abcdjaksdljk12232". This will
make sure that the recording text is not replaced with the variable
name(assuming the above text is not present in any of your requests).

-----
The voice input and output is very good in this
http://www.tomtop.com/black-ps3-wireless-bluetooth-headset-for-playstation-3.html?aid=z
Wireless PS3 Headset . It is compatible with all PS3 games.Buy from Reliable
http://www.tomtop.com/google-android-7-notebook-3g-tablet-pc-umpc-wifi-mid-pda.html?aid=z
Google Android PC  apad Wholesalers.

Re: user-defined variables in recorded request URLs

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I dont think there is a configuration to let you do this
Or you can change the code (I think its in ProxyControl.java) to be driven
from a property and contribute it.
You could also pre and post process your JMX Script (which is just a
text/XML) to add and remove the User Defined variables section
automatically.

regards
deepak

Posted by troy <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fazal Syed Ali <sy...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM, troy <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm committing a no-no by reposting, but was afraid that this message
> wasn't
> being viewed on the JMeter super forum.
>

> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/user-defined-variables-in-recorded-request-URLs-td2853871.html
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/user-defined-variables-in-recorded-request-URLs-td2853871.html
>
> If anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful.
>
> thanks,
> troy

Syed Fazal Ali