Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1995/11/30 17:31:19 UTC

Re: France Mirror

I wrote back the Alien Technology guy and told him how to mirror it (go
through ftp.apache.org/apache, and use the public domain "mirror"
package), and to let me know when the new location is set up.

As for policy in this situation, I'm basically open to all comers.  I do
ask them if one of the other mirrors is close enough, but apparently the
European backbone is so saturated that getting to America is faster than
getting from France to Italy.

As for whether mirrors should get such prominant notice - I think they
should, and if the list gets too long I'll simply change the link to a
page listing all mirror sites.

The home page needs a redesign at some point anyways - not a change to
the header graphic, that's fine, but everything below it could use a
re-layout.  This is not a thing we have to do before 1.0, though.  I have
asked our graphics/design guru kevin Farnham to take a look at it in his
spare time.

	Brian