Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Adarsh Sharma <ad...@orkash.com> on 2011/01/10 13:16:29 UTC

Zookeeper Package Needed or Not

Dear all,

I want to know that whether it is necessary to download Zookeeper
package for Hive/Hbase Integration or it is handled by hbase by
zookeeper.quorum.property in Hbase-site.xml.

I am stucked to run Hive/Hbase Integration.

I am facing th issue mentioned in Hive/Hbase Integration wiki page.

***************************************************************************************************************************

The handler requires Hadoop 0.20 or higher, and has only been tested
with dependency versions hadoop-0.20.0, hbase-0.20.3 and
zookeeper-3.2.2. If you are not using hbase-0.20.3, you will need to
rebuild the handler with the HBase jar matching your version, and change
the --auxpath above accordingly. Failure to use matching versions will
lead to misleading connection failures such as MasterNotRunningException
<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MasterNotRunningException> since the
HBase RPC protocol changes often.

**************************************************************************************************************

Can Someone Please which Hive and Hbase version is needed to escape from
this error.
I am constantly facing this issue.

And Please guide me that which servers are needed in
*zookeeper.quorum.property.
*
I configured hadoop-0.20.2 on 9 servers.

192.168.0.173 ( Namenode, Jobtracker , HMaster, Hive Package holder )

192.168.0.174.......182  ( datanodes , tasktracker , HRegionservers )

I set 192.168.0.174........176 to *zookeeper.quorum.property . *I think
this causes error on Zookeeper logs. Please help i am not able to
overcomed it.

QuorumCnxManager.java:595)
2011-01-10 11:49:58,419 WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager: Interrupted while
waiting for message on queue
java.lang.InterruptedException
        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1899)
        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1934)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:317)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager$SendWorker.run(QuorumCnxManager.java:533)

If needed I will send my error logs. Please let me know.
*
Thanks & Best regards

Adarsh Sharma
*