Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Anastasios Angelidis <vo...@videotron.ca> on 2005/03/13 06:03:53 UTC

Setting up custom selection model...

I managed to implement the IPropertySelectionModel and it's populated
from the database...

But how can I set the value to my own Id so I can match a label with an
Id from the db?

Thanks

Re: Setting up custom selection model...

Posted by Anastasios Angelidis <vo...@videotron.ca>.
Bassically when my form gets rendered I would like to load my music
genre list in a drop down and if my artist has already selected his
music genre, I want the list to display his selected music genre.
I have provided below exactly what am doing. this all works. Except when
I go back to redit the artist info, thelist is all the way at the top,
instead of the artist selected genre...

Thanks

My edit.html:

My edit.page
<property-specification name="artist" type="com.mamoth.Artist"
persistent="yes"/>
<property-specification name="genre" type="com.mamoth.Genre"
persistent="yes"/>
<property-specification name="genreSelectionModel"
type="com.mamoth.GenreSelectionModel" persistent="yes"/>

<component id="selectItem" type="PropertySelection">
    <binding name="model" expression="genreSelectionModel"/>
    <binding name="value" expression="genre"/>
</component>

edit.java:
public void pageBeginRender(PageEvent event)
{
    System.out.println(getGenre().getGenre());

    if(getGenreSelectionModel() == null)
    {
        Global global = (Global)getGlobal();
        GenreDAO genreDAO = global.getGenreDAO();

        setGenreSelectionModel(new
GenreSelectionModel(genreDAO.getGenreList()));
    }
}

Listener in home.java:
public void editArtist(IRequestCycle cycle)
{
    Edit nextPage = (Edit) cycle.getPage("Artist/Edit");

    Global global = (Global)getGlobal();
    ArtistDAO artistDAO = global.getArtistDAO();

    Atist artist =
artistDAO.getArtistByPrincipal(cycle.getRequestContext().getRequest().getRemoteUser());

    nextPage.setArtist(artist);
    nextPage.setGenre(artist.getGenre());

    System.out.println(nextPage.getGenre().getGenre());

    cycle.activate(nextPage);
}

Posted by ron <ro...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Anastasios Angelidis <vo...@videotron.ca>.