Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dsy99 <ds...@rediffmail.com> on 2011/11/10 17:54:19 UTC

Unable to getting started with SOLR

Hi all,
 Sorry for the in convenience caused if to anyone but I need reply for
following.

I want to work in Solr and for the same I downloaded it and started to
follow the instruction provided in the Tutorial available at
"http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html" to execute some examples
first.
but when I tried to check whether Solr is running or not bye using
"http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/" in the web browser I found the following
message.
      I will be thankful if one can suggest some solution for it.

 Message:

    Unable to connect

  Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8983.

 The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Re: Unable to getting started with SOLR

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Sounds strange. Did you do >>>java -jar start.jar<<< on the console?

Re: Re: Unable to getting started with SOLR

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
I suggest you to start from here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToCompileSolr

15 Eylül 2013 Pazar tarihinde Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> adlı

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rah1x <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by kingkong <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Try replacing "localhost" with your domain or ip address and make sure the
port is open. Use the ps command to see if java is running.

Re: Re: Unable to getting started with SOLR

Posted by dsy99 <ds...@rediffmail.com>.

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Did you start the server (