Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Jamal Inkoom <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/29 09:02:22 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] Unable to Pay off - Prepay Loan

Hi Santosh,

I'm using version 17.07.01 and have defined the loan product to recalculate
interest with interest calculation method being flat. What I realize are
two things:

1. When you want to pay off before maturity of the loan, the recalculated
interest will run through the full term/period of the currently installment
which is not yet due. The expectation is that interest will be recalculated
exactly up to the date of pay off.
2. The pay off then fails with a null pointer exception

However, when you uncheck interest recalculation at the product level, pay
off happens without errors the interest component is for the full term of
the entire loan and that is not desirable.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to use the demo link because the frontend times
out and I don't get to the login page. I hope you have a better idea of the
problem.

regards,

Jamal