Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by James Reynolds <Ja...@intermountainmail.org> on 2006/07/28 00:10:22 UTC

JSCookMenu/navigationMenuItem Immediate attribute?

Is there a way to set up the JSCookMenu so that it will bypass
validation, as if it had an "immediate" attribute set to true?

Thanks

Re: JSCookMenu/navigationMenuItem Immediate attribute?

Posted by mrpantsuit <kw...@hotmail.com>.
Are you agreeing with me that JSCookMenu should be changed, or are you
informing me that it already skips validation?  In my experience, JSCookMenu
does NOT skip validation.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I second that.  Seems to me skipping validation for a menu item would be the
> common case.

Yes, exactly. It is the common usecase that validation is skipped when
navigating to another menu entry. It is the default behaviour a user
would expect by navigating.

cheers,

Gerald

On 11/21/06, mrpantsuit <kw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I second that.  Seems to me skipping validation for a menu item would be the
> common case.  Should be trivial to implement, too.
>
> Thanks.
>

> James Reynolds-4 wrote:
> >

> > Is there a way to set up the JSCookMenu so that it will bypass
> > validation, as if it had an "immediate" attribute set to true?
> >
> > Thanks

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: JSCookMenu/navigationMenuItem Immediate attribute?

Posted by mrpantsuit <kw...@hotmail.com>.