Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lisa Tan <ag...@wayne.edu> on 2007/03/09 19:01:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache Tomcat Openssl

I have been tried to set up Apache and Tomcat with Openssl. When I installed APR, I received libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory. I have checked OS environment variables and the library is there. I have changed the path order based on some suggestions from the Google search. I still receive the same error. Then I tried the same something on the Linux box and did not receive the same error.

Has anyone seen this error before? Is that right the combination of Apache, Tomcat and Openssl are working better in Linux than in Unix?

Thanks,

Lisa

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Apache Tomcat Openssl

Posted by Mark Lavi <ml...@sgi.com>.
How did you check the OS environment variables?

If you have the libgcc_s.so.1 library in a non-standard place or if
Apache can't find it, then you should add the library path to your
$SERVER_ROOT/bin/envvars file.

For instance, mine is roughly set to something like this:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/apache/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/apache/instantclient_10_2
"

--Mark
Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI