Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mark Slater <li...@humanesoftware.com> on 2006/02/15 11:19:30 UTC

Model 1 and Model 2 example deployment webapp

Based on my experiences over the past few days, I've created a small
webapp (based on the FirstHops tutorial) to demonstrate and document
the process of configuring both a Model 1 Embedded repository
deployment and a Model 2 Shared repository deployment. The
documentation explains how to configure both Tomcat and the webapp,
and the webapp tests both deployments.

I'd like to offer it for inclusion in the contrib/ section. It's a
maven project, and I've tried to put all the right Copyright notices
and license files where they belong. Before it gets checked in
though, it might be good if one or two people who are more familiar
with this process than I am could check over the documentation I
wrote to go along with it for errors. There's not much, and a lot of it
is based on documentation already in the Jackrabbit site, I just go
into a little more detail about how things work with Tomcat
specifically. This is something that I know I would have found pretty
useful when I started out a few days ago.

The maven-generated site can be found at:

http://whisper.cse.ucsc.edu/jackrabbit_deployment_test/index.html

If anyone out there has a little more time and wants to try building,
configuring, and running the webapps on their own system, that would
also be really nice. The entire project can be found at:

http://whisper.cse.ucsc.edu/jackrabbit_deployment_test/
jackrabbit_deployment_test.tar.gz

I'm open to any suggestions that would improve it.

Mark

Re: Model 1 and Model 2 example deployment webapp

Posted by Mark Slater <li...@humanesoftware.com>.
I have no problem with it being merged with the existing example. I'm
not saying that I'll be able to actively maintain it, but I do have
some motivation to (I may someday get an undergrad to help with my
project and that sample app will get them mostly configured on their
own machine). And if you want to incorporate the docs into the main
site, that's fine too.

I've re-uploaded the site and the project's .tar.gz. Sorry about
that. Trying to fix a spelling error :).

I've also attached the .tar.gz to the new Jira issue: JCR-319.

Mark

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,