Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Anand <an...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/05 09:41:01 UTC

Changing the key in Hbase

Hi,

I have a case in which i have to change the keys for the values inserted in
hbase. The cluster is having some 200 million urls. Earlier we have inserted the
keys by constructing 128 bit hash code for the key string. Now i have to change
the key alone for those records by changing them into 64 bit hash code and
maintain the values. Is there any other way to do this other than getting all
the values one by one and creating a new key and adding the old value to it and
reinserting??

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Changing the key in Hbase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Anand <an...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a case in which i have to change the keys for the values inserted in
> hbase. The cluster is having some 200 million urls. Earlier we have inserted the
> keys by constructing 128 bit hash code for the key string. Now i have to change
> the key alone for those records by changing them into 64 bit hash code and
> maintain the values. Is there any other way to do this other than getting all
> the values one by one and creating a new key and adding the old value to it and
> reinserting??

Yes.  You'll have to reinsert.
St.Ack