Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/12 12:11:07 UTC

KeystoreManager API incomplete?

I've been taking a look at Jira GERONIMO-2002, which discusses using the
Geronimo KeystoreManager API to create the SSL sockets.  The
KeystoreManager API implements a createSSLFactory() method (which really
should be createSSLServerFactory()) to create an SSLServerSocketFactory
instance.  The CORBA code, however, will require both
SSLServerSocketFactory and SSLSocketFactory instances to implement the
server and client ends of the secure connection.  Is there some reason
why this was only implemented for the server end other than "that was
the only piece needed at the time"?

I'd like to rename the existing method and create a new method that
creates a client-side socket factory as well.

Rick

Re: KeystoreManager API incomplete?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
"that was the only piece needed at the time"

Thanks,
    Aaron