Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sa...@hotmail.com on 2010/03/02 13:43:54 UTC

How to back up HBase data

Hi, everyone. Recently I encountered a problem about data loss of HBase. So it comes to the question that how to back up HBase data to recover table records if HBase or HDFS crash. What about copy the directory of HBase to another directory in HDFS? Could someone mind giving me some advice? Thanks a lot!

Best Wishes!

刘祥龙  Liu Xianglong

RE: How to back up HBase data

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.
You can either do exports at the HBase API level (a la Export class), or you
can force flush all your tables and do an HDFS level copy of the /hbase
directory (using distcp for example).

Please take a look at hbase-2225 as well.

Re: How to back up HBase data

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You can use Export class.