Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com> on 2012/06/04 13:24:50 UTC

repair

Hi!
I apologize if for this naive question.
When I run nodetool repair, is it enough to run on one of the nodes, or do
I need to run on each one of them?
Thanks

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

Re: repair

Posted by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>.
Thank you all!

Re: repair

Posted by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>.
Thanks, one more question. On regular basis, should I run repair for the
system keyspace?

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

RE: repair

Posted by Viktor Jevdokimov <Vi...@adform.com>.

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com<ma...@adform.com>

W www.robinverlangen.nl<http://www.robinverlangen.nl>
E robin@us2.nl<ma...@us2.nl>

Re: repair

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.

Re: repair

Posted by Romain HARDOUIN <ro...@urssaf.fr>.
Run "repair -pr" in your cron.

Re: repair

Posted by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>.
Thanks.

I actually did just that with cron jobs running on different hours.

I asked the question because I saw that when one of the logs was running
the repair, all nodes logged some repair related entries in /var/log/
cassandra/system.log

Thanks again,
*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

RE: repair

Posted by Rishabh Agrawal <ri...@impetus.co.in>.
Hello,

As far as my knowledge goes, it works per node basis. So you have to run on different nodes. I would suggest you to not to execute it simultaneously on all nodes in a production environment.

Regards
Rishabh Agrawal

When I run nodetool repair, is it enough to run on one of the nodes, or do I need to run on each one of them?
Thanks

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media
[Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com<ma...@tok-media.com>
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

________________________________

RE repair

Posted by Samuel CARRIERE <sa...@urssaf.fr>.
Hi,
It is not enough to run the repair in one node, except if the node contain
all the data (ex : 3 node cluster with RF=3).
In the general case, the best is to launch the repair in every node, with
the "-rp" option (use -rp to repair only the first range returned by the
partitioner)

Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>
04/06/2012 13:24
Veuillez répondre à