Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/13 22:09:01 UTC

Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

I've decided to write an end-to-end Installation guide for HBase, which also includes HDFS, user configuration and tons of other stuff no guide ever mentions, in a blog post: http://blog.devving.com/hbase-quickstart-guide/

I hope that all the newbies who get task assignment like I have at work - Setup a cluster and benchmark it - can save time and go home earlier with this guide :)

Asaf Mesika

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've decided to write an end-to-end Installation guide for HBase, which also includes HDFS, user configuration and tons of other stuff no guide ever mentions, in a blog post: http://blog.devving.com/hbase-quickstart-guide/
>
> I hope that all the newbies who get task assignment like I have at work - Setup a cluster and benchmark it - can save time and go home earlier with this guide :)

Thanks for doing this.

What would you say is here that is not in the reference guide regards
the HBase setup.  What are we missing such that you could not change
your blog and have it point to the reference guide for the part where
it comes to installing HBase?

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Nice initiative.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq