Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cooper man <mi...@spika.com> on 2011/10/27 14:36:07 UTC

Re: catalina_pid file contains +1 pid number instead of correct pid

Hi Raghu,

My guess is that you have changed the logging to use cronolog and as such
the PID being written is actually the logging process and not the catalina
process. Check your catalina.sh file
If you see something like this

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@" start 2>&1 |/usr/bin/cronolog
"$CATALINA_BASE"

Then there is your answer

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: catalina_pid file contains +1 pid number instead of correct pid

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can get somewhere looking at the parent process ID (PPID)
column in ps output
and knowing the PID of cronolog process.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by Cooper man <mi...@spika.com>.

Posted by Raghu GS <ra...@i10n.com>.