Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID> on 2019/12/10 19:13:02 UTC

Release of CP Convert

Hi

Simone asked a while ago if anyone objected to release the CP Convert module but then nothing has happened since.
As my Maven Plugin (Sling Feature Converter Maven Plugin) depends on it and I have a project that uses it I would love to have it released to avoid having to create local Maven repositories.

Does anyone object if I do the release of the CP Converter project?

I am pretty sure the module needs some TLC (aka bug fixes) but we will only figure out if the module is used by more people than just the Sling Team.

Cheers - Andy Schaefer

Re: Release of CP Convert

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Ahem, I might've generated statements with bugs in the past :-)

Robert

Re: Release of CP Convert

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I thought the whole purpose of releasing is to leverage users to find
bugs for us and provide PRs with fixes. Isn't that the big "move to git"
promise?

Carsten

Am 11.12.2019 um 15:26 schrieb Radu Cotescu:
> And we definitely don’t do it anymore. 🤣
>
>> On 11 Dec 2019, at 15:21, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Ahem, we might've released software with bugs in the past :-)

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Release of CP Convert

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: Release of CP Convert

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2019-12-10 at 11:13 -0800, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Simone asked a while ago if anyone objected to release the CP Convert
> module but then nothing has happened since.
> As my Maven Plugin (Sling Feature Converter Maven Plugin) depends on
> it and I have a project that uses it I would love to have it released
> to avoid having to create local Maven repositories.
>
> Does anyone object if I do the release of the CP Converter project?

No objections here.

> I am pretty sure the module needs some TLC (aka bug fixes) but we
> will only figure out if the module is used by more people than just
> the Sling Team.

Ahem, we might've released software with bugs in the past :-)

Thanks,
Robert