Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Frank Tore Johansen <fr...@osc.no> on 2004/10/14 15:10:39 UTC

Some fake mails, ham-trainers?

I have received 3 fake mails claiming to be from myredtrap.com,
with the following ip numbers (twice on the first one):

They are guaranteed spam, since the To: field doesn't match anything
that should forward the email to me.  (All have been To: a
non-existing user).

My biggest worry is that these get autolearned as ham.  Could that
be the whole purpose of these spams, to train bayesian filters?

Has anyone else seen spam like this the last few days?
See below for the contents, I can send the headers too if anyone
wants.

-Frank.

---
David,

Could you email me the contact details for the person that deals with the
ADSL connection at the Chippenham offices?  I need to organise switching
the ISP provider so that we can be fully operational on Monday 1st!!

Thanks

Joel
---
Dave,

I sourced two UPS's both APC 3000Va exactly the same one for each
Rack. The cost for both is £500.00 excluding VAT and delivery. I'm
prepared to split the cost so that you own one for your rack and we
have one for our rack.

The UPS will come with the power supply cable, and I can source
management cables and software so that we can monitor the status and
health of the batteries within the UPS.

Let me know if you're interested and I can reserve them.

Kind Regards

Joel
---
David,

Can I confirm, are you still interested in having a UPS for your
cabinet?  I'm sorting out collection for tomorrow, so if you could
let me know ASAP either way that would be great.

Kind Regards

Joel
---