Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Jens Goldhammer <go...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/12 19:01:57 UTC

dead letter channel...

Hello mailinglist,

I am working with two Synapse/WSO2 ESB which work as a proxy for two
bpel engines.
bpel 1<->synapse 1<->synapse 2<->bpel 2

If the bpel engine invokes an other process in bpel 2, Synapse is called
and it tries to connect to the other synapse (2).
If the synapse instance 2 is down, I will have the problem that Synapse
1 only tries one time to send the request. BPEL engine 1 is believing
that everything is ok (long running process), so that I have no chance
to retry the request to the synapse instance 2. As long as ws-rm does
not work correctly, what can I do?

It would be really cool to have a dead-letter-channel (see gregor hohpe
eip) where all lost messages will be make persistent with the date of
the last try for sending and to have the ability to resend the message
manually from the admin console. I would prefer a list of messages to
see their content, the date of last try for sending and the value of
the to-header. Then you can select several messages, press the button
retry and all selected messages will be send to the destination. It
would be nice to have a mechanism to determine if a request of a proxy
service to another service should be make persistent in the
dead-letter-channel, maybe by specifiying it in the send-mediator!
Furthermore it would be great to notify the admin after a message was
inserted in the dead letter channel by taking the im-mediator...

What´s your opinion on this? Should I raise a JIRA or does this makes no
sense?
Thanks
Jens

Re: dead letter channel...

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Jens

This is a good idea.. Currently the "fault" sequence is invoked when
Synapse encounters such an error - and it defaults to just logging the
message. So one could use this to store the message into a persistent
store, and maybe use an admin console or JMX to later pull out messages
from this and retry

asankha

Re: dead letter channel...

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,

That's alright? I will look in to this soon.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Jens Goldhammer <

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: dead letter channel...

Posted by Jens Goldhammer <go...@googlemail.com>.