Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by William Arbaugh <wa...@cs.umd.edu> on 2014/11/18 02:19:42 UTC

Trying to build Cassandra for FreeBSD 10.1

I've successfully built 2.1.2 for FreeBSD, but the JVM crashes upon start-up.

Here's the snippet from the top of the log file (attached)

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000000802422655, pid=76732, tid=34384931840
#

Any hints on how to get 2.1.2 working on FreeBSD is appreciated.

Re: Trying to build Cassandra for FreeBSD 10.1

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 11/18/2014 04:58 PM, William Arbaugh wrote:
> Happy to do so - but the ticket indicates that FreeBSD is unsupported and thus this is unlikely to get fixed.

I'm the person that said that in the JIRA ticket  :)  I also quoted it
to indicate that it's really not officially "unsupported" - it's unix
and it should "Just Work".  If there's a way to track down the problem
and fix it, let's do that!  I'm simply asking for help in identifying
the problem, since I don't spend much^Hany time in FreeBSD these days,
so I'm going to rely on folks that are using it.  That would be y'all.  ;)

--
Warm regards,
Michael

Re: Trying to build Cassandra for FreeBSD 10.1

Posted by William Arbaugh <wa...@cs.umd.edu>.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com>.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.