Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Andre Selton <as...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/17 16:00:46 UTC

Can not run ajax demos

Hi,

  When I try run the web demo using maven I have this
error message :
  Any idea of how to fix this ?

C:\java\activemq\example\activemq-web-demo>mvn
jetty6:run
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/incubator-activemq/activemq-parent/4.
0.1/activemq-parent-4.0.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: incubator-activemq
ArtifactId: activemq-parent
Version: 4.0.1

Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any
repository

  incubator-activemq:activemq-parent:pom:4.0.1

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

--
Andre Selton

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Can not run ajax demos

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ignore me - the previous mail assumed you were using a source distro
rather than a binary download.

The problem for the binary download right now is there is no maven 2
repo yet for the 4.0.1 release to go into so the maven build cannot
download its dependency (the activemq-parent). Though a fix is to just
build from the source code as I mentioned in the previous mail - until
we can get an Apache wide m2 repository sorted out.

A workaround is to point your ~/.m2/settings.xml file at this maven 2 repo...

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.1-RC1/maven2/

--

James
-------

Re: Can not run ajax demos

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James
-------

Re: Can not run ajax demos

Posted by Andre Selton <as...@yahoo.com>.
Another information.
When I try to run the precompiled version this error
happens when a message is send (example join the chat
demo) :

12:18:58,875 ERROR [Engine]
StandardWrapperValve[AjaxServlet]: Servlet.service()
for servlet AjaxServlet threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.jms.ConnectionFactory.createConnection()Ljavax/jms/Connection;
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.WebClient.getConnection(WebClient.java:217)
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.WebClient.createSession(WebClient.java:283)
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.WebClient.getSession(WebClient.java:210)
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.MessageServletSupport.getDestination(MessageServletSupport.java:294)
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.doPost(MessageListenerServlet.java:130)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.apache.activemq.web.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.java:46)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

http://mail.yahoo.com