Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <bu...@burknet.ch> on 2008/02/27 00:10:20 UTC

Cocoon 2.1: how to cache generator result

Hi all

I use a simple generator to load xml data from websites like blogger or
delicious. This data is then aggregated with local xml data.

What I would like is to "save" or cache the generators result for about
an hour to avoid that cocoon makes an http request every time the page
is loaded.

Is this possible and how?

Thanks
Stefan

RE: Cocoon 2.1: how to cache generator result

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Stefan,

You can use expires for this. On [1] you can read a breif description
how to do this (look for "Expiration of Content"). An other way to do
this is to configure a cron job that writes the content of the feed to
the local filesystem every hour and your pipeline for the website reads
that file.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

Hippo