Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/25 23:05:04 UTC

[Collections] COLLECTIONS 2.0 DIGEST (03/25/2002)

COLLECTIONS 2.0 DIGEST (03/25/2002)

The following is a synopsis of the Collections 2.0 release
effort to date.

RELEASE NOTES DRAFT
-------------------
(Updated 3/19/2002)
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES-2.0.
html

ISSUES
---------------

BeanMap: Make sure all variations
from "typical" Maps are documented in Javadocs.  IMO,
BeanMap is very light on JavaDocs.  (3/25/200) There have been some
improvements to the Javadocs.

All Collections: There are definitely bug fixes that are not being
documented.
If you fixed bugs (or added new features) since 1.0, you will want to
document them in the release notes.

PENDING COLLECTIONS

Tree & StandardTree: Proposal sent to the mailing list
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=101561962307536&w=2).
Author is preparing unit tests.

COMPLETED
---------

(3/25/2002)

Second release candidate pushed to server:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-collections
/v2.0/

(3/24/2002)

Made BeanMap.values() and BeanMap.keySet() unmodifiable.
Renamed AbstractBag to DefaultMapBag.

(3/18/2002)

Deprecated ArrayEnumeration.

(3/15/2002)

ProxyMap and TestProxyMap added to Collections.
Release candidate pushed to server.

(3/14/2002)

Unit tests in TestBeanMap are now correct, as are the tests in TestBag.

(3/7/2002)

All new Comparators are now Serializable and have some unit tests.
Added ComparatorChain class.

(2/26/2002 and before)

Copies of all Serializable collections have been checked into
CVS for compatibility testing.  Unit tests suggest that only
LRUMap has changed its External form.  (Note: these unit tests
are sanity checks only; they're not infallible.)  Michael and
I added lots of other new unit tests too.

Added descriptions (based on JavaDocs) of all new Collections
to the STATUS.html file.  There are still several 1.0
Collections that were never documented in the STATUS.html file.
Volunteers welcome.

Converted release notes to HTML and added descriptions of
all new Collections.

All relevant Collections from the Commons UTIL package added.

Re: [Collections] COLLECTIONS 2.0 DIGEST (03/25/2002)

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
Hmm I thought I had updated that entry.  Oops.

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.