Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/26 08:40:03 UTC

How to identify the common Forms?

Subject: How to identify the common Forms?
From: "Hu Ji Rong" <hu...@yahoo.com>
 ===
Hi, all

We are creating a web based Data Maintaince Tool with EJB and Struts. It's
used to CRUD the domain objects in database.

Here I have a few questions :
1. Is it a good idea to use EJB to do that? I found it's quite fast to
create entity bean to represent those domain objects.
2. Each domain object is quite big, contains several tables, and more
important is they have some shared attibutes (tables). E.g. All entities has
an dependent object: DocumentSource. That's all entities have some records
in table DOC_SOURCE. So in the web UI, all entities has a link to
doc_source.jsp, which has a DocSourceForm.

We put the DocSourceForm in session scope because user want to see all the
data when they navigating from page to page. Now the question is: how to
defferentiate the DocSourceForm for different entities? since they are share
the same doc_source.jsp and DocSourceForm.

What is solution for that?

Thanks in advance.
JiRong