Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Palmer <bp...@leland.stanford.edu> on 2002/03/02 15:14:15 UTC

Re: SSL Client authentication with standalone Tomcat

Wolfgang Stein <zo...@gmd-net.de> writes:

> As far as i understand the client-auth handshake,
> the server sends a list of trusted CAs to the client.
>
> This list is take from
> <JAVA_HOME_set_in_your_tomcat>\lib\security\cacerts
> So you have to import your CA-cert into that file,
> instead of your .keystore .
> There is no need to import the client cert into cacerts or keystore.

First, sorry for not responding earlier to this thread. My laptop died
and stopped my forward momentum for a few days.

This solved my problem; I had thought I needed to do something like
that, but hadn't known how, exactly. Thanks a lot!

--
Brian Palmer
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does