Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Gaurav Bapat <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/09 03:40:12 UTC

Metron Installation on EC2

Hi,

How do I deploy Metron on Amazon EC2? What kind of hardware will I need for
this and also the pricing for the same?

Previously I had deployed Metron on a single node machine with 16 GB RAM.

Please Help!!

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: Metron Installation on EC2

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
It depends on what you're going to store and for how long, we can't tell
you how big to make your disks.  You can squeeze it into one machine but
I'm not sure I would recommend that for any real use.  Check out my dated
branch for when I did this a few months ago -
https://github.com/JonZeolla/metron/tree/single_node_ec2?files=1

Jon

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018, 23:34 Gaurav Bapat <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey James,
>
> 10 M4 Xlarges means that I will have 10 nodes or just one? Also how much
> HDD capacity will I need? Atleast 1TB to start with?
>
> On 9 January 2018 at 09:14, James Byrne <Ja...@intrepidtravel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2
>>
>> 10 M4 Xlarges for ya. Or just run up a few instances and manually build
>> it.

Jon

Re: Metron Installation on EC2

Posted by Gaurav Bapat <ga...@gmail.com>.