Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dr NoName <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/06 22:27:09 UTC

setting download file name

Hi all,

I am trying to make link to a dynamically generated
zip file which the user can download. It links to a
jsp page like so:

In audio_download.jsp, I have the following code to
generate the zip:

<jsp:useBean scope="session" id="myLatestAudioFiles"
class="java.util.ArrayList"/>
<%
    response.setContentType("application/zip");
    if( ! myLatestAudioFiles.isEmpty() )
    {
        ZipOutputStream ostr = new ZipOutputStream(
response.getOutputStream() );
        for(int i = 0; i < myLatestAudioFiles.size();
i++)
        {
            String file_path =
(String)myLatestAudioFiles.get(i);
            String file_name =
CFunctions.splitPathName(file_path)[1];
            InputStream istr = new
FileInputStream(file_path);
            ostr.putNextEntry( new ZipEntry(file_name)
);
            CFunctions.copyStream(istr, ostr);
            istr.close();
        }
        ostr.close();
    }
%>

This works but when the user clicks the link, the save
file dialog's default file name is audio_download.jsp.
I want it to be a dynamically generated zip file name
(something like 087_latest_audio.zip). How do I do
that? Or is this the wrong approach?

thanks in advance,

Eugene

Re: setting download file name