Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Delos <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/11 15:59:29 UTC

[VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse
Plugin 2.2 *RC2*.

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip

The update site zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 897748):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.0.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for
downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but
you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/updates/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is
open for 72 hours and will conclude on Thuresday (Jan 14,2010) at 10:00 AM
ET.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Working well on my windows XP laptop.

+1

--
Shawn

Re: [VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ivan

Re: [VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help, Tim.

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
The only difference is that I used IBM JDK 6.0SR7.

Just now I tried Sun JDK 1.6.0-17 too, and find that clicking "Browse"
cause Eclipse to exit abnormally. Other server plugins like Tomcat
also has the same problem with Sun JDK. When I use IBM JDK, tomcat
plugin behaves well.

Anyway, it's not a big problem.

-Jack

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <of...@weberhofer.at>.

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Delos wrote:

> Well, I will upload the source code for GEP to http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site, just like David did for geronimo 2.2 voting. Then, you can review the source code there.
>
> Do we need another voting?

It depends on how strict, you want to be. In strict-sense, yes a new vote is needed. However, if I see that the contents of the source archive match the svn contents (I'll be checking this, before I vote) and people have enough time to review the source contents in this vote, then I'll be ok with this vote.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE - 2nd try] Vote for release GEP 2.2 - RC2

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Well, I will upload the source code for GEP to
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site<http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC2/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip>,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.