Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/07 17:45:49 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #4019 Add an easy way to filter ticket queries by open/closed without knowing Solr syntax

We want more then just open/closed, and more than just the status column.  We should have a filter dialog for all the standard columns that are limited choice: milestone, status, owner, creator.  Other fields (labels and custom fields) can be added in a phase 2 I think.

Solr has facet support, and perhaps that should be used to determine all the valid choices for a column.  Then it'll dynamically reflect the current choices.

One difficulty will be that some views (e.g. milestone) use a mongo query, so adding a filter will have to switch over to a solr query.  This is done in some places already; there's some helper functions to change the field names.

Attached is an example of what Google Spreadsheets has.  Something along those lines is what I'm thinking, but doesn't have to be as nice as that necessarily.

---

** [tickets:#4019] Add an easy way to filter ticket queries by open/closed without knowing Solr syntax**

**Status:** in-progress
**Labels:** 42cc
**Created:** Fri Apr 06, 2012 01:04 PM UTC by Patrick Lenz
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:05 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

If you search from the "Search Tickets" form in the upper left and get an overwhelming number of results, it often times helps to just weed out either open or closed tickets (depending what you're looking for). I'd love a way to just add that filter with a click instead of redoing the search all over remembering the appropriate Solr syntax and whether or not I need to add `&&`.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/