Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 19:00:52 UTC

[VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Folks,

I think it's time to do a M1 release :)

Can we have a show of hands first of all for the release and then for the
components for the release.
This release is only for Java and the scripts.
Then lets create a thread on the release dates, code freeze and RC's.
So here is the format

[ ] M1 Release
[ ] Java Broker + client
[ ] Python and Ruby clients

And here is my +1 for all 3.

Regards,

Rajith

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Bhupendra Bhardwaj <bh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for all three sets.

Regards,
Bhupendra Bhardwaj

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
+1 for all three from me.

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Robert Greig wrote:
> On 03/11/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to do C++ also but maybe after the Java. Should we not add
>> the C# to that as it is not
>> in repo yet. i.e. do a M1 for C++ and C# a few weeks after Java. This is
>> our first time through,
>> and doing it in pieces might actually be faster so we don't have to fix
>> the same mistakes in multiple
>> places.... (if we make them, which I am sure we will)
>
> I would definitely like to get the .NET stuff in relatively quickly,
> since I believe it is stable. I don't want to do anything to delay the
> Java stuff though, so I'd be happy doing it after that. When you say
> "a few weeks" what did you have in mind?
If we do the set Rajith suggested, get the vote and take it to incubator
PMC. they
might send us back a few times to fix stuff. Once we get it
right/released, we do the next
set as then we will "have learnt" what we missed first time and should
be easier for other
components. Thus the delay is basically as long as it takes for us to
get the first set from vote to
Incubator PMC acceptance.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
If you look at Tuscany or Axis2 we have seperate release cycles for Java and
C.

So I think it's ok for us to do a Java M1 and then a C/C++ M1 a little later
on.
Cliff can you please comments on this?

Regards,

Rajith

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
+1 on all fronts.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
+1 for all three.

Re: [VOTE][Qpid] M1 release

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I think it's time to do a M1 release :)
>
> Can we have a show of hands first of all for the release and then for the
> components for the release.
> This release is only for Java and the scripts.
> Then lets create a thread on the release dates, code freeze and RC's.
> So here is the format

[+1] M1 Release
[+1] Java Broker + client
[+1] Python and Ruby clients

The python client should be ready to release as is. I think I need to
find a day or so to finish one last piece of the ruby client. I suggest
we just go with simple tarballs/zips + a README file for packaging them.
  I think we'll always want this as a distribution option, and we can
get fancy with gems and RPMs and so forth later.

--Rafael