Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Smith <jo...@msn.com> on 2003/06/04 08:56:32 UTC

Moving from standalone servlet to Axis

I am trying to move a Webservice written using a standalone servlet to axis
using java:Msg handler messaging so that i run it inside axis.

The problem that i am facing is with ServletLifecycle and serviceLifeCycle.

for the Servlet init and destroy are called at start and end of servlet
life.

But for a Service (javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifecycle) it is called for
each and every request.

As a result, i am not able to move intialization and destroy blocks.  I used
to intialize some resources like connection pools in init of servlet and
destroy at the end.

Since the destroy is being called again and again for Webservice, hence i
endup destroying them for each request.

Is there a way so that service is intialized and destroyed only once.

john

Himalayan holiday! Waiting to be won.
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/summerfun/index.asp Find out more.