Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com> on 2007/03/20 12:28:21 UTC

File Attachments

Hi,

I have been using James in custom applications but have now decided to
install it our company's email server.
All is working perfectly except that *occasionally* some users file
attachments  going out and coming in are been attached with names like
att0071.dat, or winmail.dat and not the actual attachment name

E.g A word doc was sent externally, the client received the attachment
as att0071.dat, and by simply renaming it to ".doc" worked fine.

Thanks
Hans

Re: File Attachments

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
James does not alter the attachment name or any other content of the
mails unless you configured it to do that.

This is probably an issue with the Mail client used.

Stefano