Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Meier, Helge" <he...@b-next.de> on 2001/04/02 16:41:21 UTC

Using IDOOXOAP as Server for Visual Basic Client

Hello,

we are trying to use the IDOOXOAP Server with the HelloWorld sample.
On the other side is a VB Client with the SOAP Toolkit 2 beta 2 using the
high level API.
When trying to get the wsdl-file, the Server responds :

"This server can handle POSTed Messages, GET is not supported"

How can we manage this problem ?

With best Regards/
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Helge Meier

b-next AG
Consulting & Engineering
Hansastr. 35, D-32049 Herford
Fon +49 5221 992800
Fax +49 5221 84680
<http://www.b-next.de>
<ma...@b-next.de>

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Using IDOOXOAP as Server for Visual Basic Client

Posted by Radovan Janecek <ja...@idoox.com>.
How do you try to get the WSDL file? It is also important what version of
IdooXoap you use.
If you use IdooXoap 1.1.1 or WASP 1.0 (both are the latest), you can find
the WSDL location for particular service in ServletDispatcher.conf:

If you run build HelloWorld exactly according to the tutorial on
http://www.zvon.org/index.php?nav_id=35, you can find ServletDispatcher.conf
file in WEB-INF\etc directory.
There is:
<adaptor url="/soap/helloworld" sd="/services/HelloWorld.wsdl">
   <service portName="HelloWorld"
IA="com.idoox.soap.ia.Reflection">tutorial.helloworld.server.HelloWorld</ser
vice>
</adaptor>
The attribute 'sd' points to the service description (wsdl file). Therefore,
the VB client should have:

...mssoapinit("http://yourhost/soap/services/HelloWorld.wsdl")....

Radovan