Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2011/02/19 12:55:22 UTC

i18n from date time fields and timepicker

Hi *,

i like to discuss the i18n from our date-time fields as well as the
timepicker.

I prepared a patch under:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4014which changes:
1.) The ModelFormField.java for normal display-time fields in forms.
2.) Add an i18n modificator to the DateTimePicker. I used a hidden field
which holds the original timestamp and created a dummy (visibal) field for
the display time. The date/time can be changed either via timepicker or
manually.

The DateTime is only modified in the View (MVC), that we haven't any issues
with creating or updating database entries.

For the time modification i used a Js Lib called DateJs, it is a pretty good
lib but it seems that it is not supported any more:
http://code.google.com/p/datejs/

Anyway, i would like to hear your opinion about the idea/ patch. And discuss
it :)

Have a good day
Sascha

--
Sascha Rodekamp
    Lynx-Consulting GmbH

Re: i18n from date time fields and timepicker

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will have a look... hopefully soon...

Jacques

From: "Sascha Rodekamp" <sa...@googlemail.com>