Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Wei Tan <wt...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/02/27 17:09:31 UTC

mutable index in phoenix

Hi, I am reading this
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/wiki/Secondary-Indexing and trying
to figure out what is the difference between mutable and immutable index.
One difference I figure out is that immutable index is client-managed
while mutable index is cp-managed.

I was expecting that, mutable index coprocessor do three things: 1) put
new index entry, 2) read base table and get old index value, 3) delete old
index value if any. I could not find code for 2) and 3). So am I
understanding it wrong, or I did not find the correct code path?

Thanks,
Wei

---------------------------------
Wei Tan, PhD
Research Staff Member
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
http://researcher.ibm.com/person/us-wtan

Re: mutable index in phoenix

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Wei,

If this is a Phoenix specific question, you might want to ask it on the
Phoenix mailing list. You will get better results.

JM