Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2009/06/04 10:22:57 UTC

no user psml pages used

hi,

I have registered a new user MEYER. The folder pages\_user\MEYER was
created, but If I login the user, the psml-pages from folder pages was
shown and not the users one.

Has someone an idea?

kind regards,

Frank

Re: no user psml pages used

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.

On Jun 4, 2009, at 3:10 AM, Frank Otto wrote:

> If I set profile "page" to user-role-fallback, it will work. With
> profile j2 or nothing not.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> How can I set the default profile ("page") for new users?

 From your last email, it appears you created the user from the Self-
Registration portlet. This portlet, defined as
"UserRegistrationPortlet" in the j2-admin's portlet.xml, has two
preferences:

         <preference>
      		<name>rulesNames</name>
             <value>page</value>
         </preference>
         <preference>
      		<name>rulesValues</name>
             <value>j2</value>
         </preference>

Recommend setting the rulesValues to "user-role-fallback" in
combination with the newUserTemplateDirectory parameter to auto-create
home pages for users based on a template folder.

         <preference>
             <name>newUserTemplateDirectory</name>
             <value>/_user/template/</value>
         </preference>

  The j2 rule does not look in home directories, so its not really a
bug, but more of a configuration omission on my part

The procedure is similar in the User Administration portlet, where you
can assign the home page template folder and profiling rule via
portlet preferences.
See the JetspeedPrincipalManagementUserPortlet as well as the
DevelopersBrowser portlet definitions in the portlet.xml:

         <preference>
             <name>defaultProfile</name>
             <value>j2</value>
         </preference>
         <preference>
             <name>newUserTemplateDirectory</name>
             <value>/_user/template</value>
         </preference>

Note that in addition to configuring with the portlet.xml, you can
also edit and override these two preferences at runtime from Edit Mode
(edit mode require admin rights)

Re: no user psml pages used

Posted by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de>.