Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by dylan25 <db...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 15:45:52 UTC

URI Syntax for the Qpidd Broker

Hello,

I am currently working on connecting to the Apache Qpidd broker (bundled
with qpid-cpp-0.34) using a Proton Messenger client. I am trying to find how
the URI should be formatted to include both the broker address and the
desired resource. This is the URI scheme that I am currently trying to use:

guest:guest@testQueue?brokerlist='tcp://127.0.0.1:5672'

When I use this scheme, however, the server returns the following error:

[Protocol] error Error on attach: No target specified!

It looks like the server isn't identifying the resource (queue or exchange)
in my given URI. Is this the scheme I should be using, or is there another
URI format that I should use?

Thank you for your help,
Dylan

Re: URI Syntax for the Qpidd Broker

Posted by dylan25 <db...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, that worked!

Re: URI Syntax for the Qpidd Broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 07/28/2015 03:39 PM, dylan25 wrote:
> Thank you so much, Gordon, that worked! Is there a way (either on the client
> or server side) to set it to create that node if it doesn't exist?

Yes, qpidd has the notion of queue- and/or topic- 'policies'. These are
associated with a naming prefix and when a sending or receiving link is
attached to a non-existent node that matches one of these patterns, the
node is created on demand according to the policy.

The simplest use of this is just to have a naming convention for
auto-created queues and topics. E.g. starting qpidd with --queue-policy
ac_queue and --topic-policy ac_topic would mean that any attach to or
from a node starting ac_queue would result in a queue of that anme being
created on demand. The names you use can be whatever makes sense in your
application.

> For
> example, I know that the qpid-send and qpid-receive test programs with
> qpid-cpp-0.34 allow you to do that by including "{create: always}" with the
> node name.

Yes, unfortunately that is not available through the messenger api and
in any case relies on non-standard use of the protocol. A broker side
configuration is I think preferable. Other 1.0 brokers such as ActiveMQ
(including Artemis and Apollo), RabbitMQ also provide mechanisms for
auto-created queues/topics.

Re: URI Syntax for the Qpidd Broker

Posted by dylan25 <db...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much, Gordon, that worked! Is there a way (either on the client
or server side) to set it to create that node if it doesn't exist? For
example, I know that the qpid-send and qpid-receive test programs with
qpid-cpp-0.34 allow you to do that by including "{create: always}" with the
node name.

Thank you again for all of your help,

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

amqp://guest:guest@127.0.0.1:5672/testQueue