Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Dembla, Chandan" <Ch...@knorr-bremse.com> on 2020/04/23 10:26:24 UTC

Kerberos Authentication

Hello,

I am performing an API testing for my application to check the performance using Jmeter. My application has Kerberos authentication.
I have configured krb5.cong , jass.conf and system.properties files for Kerberos authentication. But the problem is when I send the request API to my application using Jmeter with my authentication details, my application doesn't get authenticated with my user.
It gets tomcat user when hit via Jmeter. Could you please let me know how can I pass my authentication to application from Jmeter but not tomcat user?
Why Jmeter is considered as tomcat user when request is sent?

Thanks/ Best Regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Chandan Dembla

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.

Re: Kerberos Authentication

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2020, 10:26 +0000 schrieb Dembla, Chandan:
> Hello,
>
> I am performing an API testing for my application to check the
> performance using Jmeter. My application has Kerberos authentication.
> I have configured krb5.cong , jass.conf and system.properties files
> for Kerberos authentication. But the problem is when I send the
> request API to my application using Jmeter with my authentication
> details, my application doesn't get authenticated with my user.
> It gets tomcat user when hit via Jmeter. Could you please let me know
> how can I pass my authentication to application from Jmeter but not
> tomcat user?

Hi Chandan,

can you please post more information about your setup? Kerberos is
difficult to set up and there are a lot of things that can go wrong.

Have you added a authentication manager to your test plan?

Are there any log messages in jmeter.log?

What happens, when you enable debug logging for kerberos negotiation?

Are you sure, that your server sends the correct http headers? It
should send a 401 page with a authenticate header set to "negotiation".

Regards
 Felix