Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Nikolaos Oikonomidis <ni...@uni-siegen.de> on 2004/12/10 12:51:40 UTC

jUDDI not happy :-(

Hi all,

I get the following msg from the jUDDI Happiness:

-----------------------------
+ Got a JNDI Context!
+ Got a JDBC DataSource (dsname=java:comp/env/jdbc/juddiDB)
- DB connection was not aquired. (Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for
connect URL 'null')
- SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PUBLISHER failed (null)
-----------------------------

I use mySQL with the "mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar" in the "TOMCAT
5.5\common\lib" directory.

"server.xml" is edited according to the instructions and I have tried both
jdbc drivers.
(the old "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" and the actual "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver")

Any hint or advice will be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Nikos

Re: jUDDI not happy :-(

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
Nikos,

A couple of things to try:
1.) Can you open the mysql database from the command line using the
information in your juddi.properties file? (e.g. mysql -u juddi -p -h
localhost -P 3306 )
2.) Does the url in the server.xml (e.g.
          <parameter>
            <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true</value>
          </parameter>  )
      equal the same url (host, port) as in the juddi.properties file?
3.)  Is the juddi.properties file in the WEB-INF directory of the
deployed war (e.g. $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/juddi/WEB-INF) ?

Tom Gordon