Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 14:31:19 UTC

Help with task: GroovyConsole improvement: configurable output area size

Hello,

I would like to help out with the task listed at
https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?72ff9c55

Console.groovy maxOutputChars already has a System.property so I'm not
certain what's required for #GROOVY-3270, perhaps something like:

-    int maxOutputChars =
System.getProperty('groovy.console.output.limit','20000') as int
+    int maxOutputChars = prefs.getInt("outputLimit", 20000)

--emi

Re: Help with task: GroovyConsole improvement: configurable output area size

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
I made a separate branch and a PR https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/548

If you want you can commit with your user, most of the code is actually
yours.

--emi

Posted by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emilian,