Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Petr Hracek <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 10:15:04 UTC

More traces from tomcat 3.2.X

Dear users of tomcat,

could you please advice me how to increase logs in tomcat 3.2.X?
I know that it is unsupported version now but on the one of the our
server I have a problem with
high load of CPU when the servlet is exiting.

I could not find any reason why the servelt consume high load of CPU.
Is there any way how to specify in XML configuration files more logs
during the calling servlets?

Thank you in advance

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hracek

Re: More traces from tomcat 3.2.X

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/2/9 Petr Hracek <ph...@gmail.com>:
> Dear users of tomcat,
>
> could you please advice me how to increase logs in tomcat 3.2.X?
> I know that it is unsupported version now but on the one of the our
> server I have a problem with
> high load of CPU when the servlet is exiting.
>
> I could not find any reason why the servelt consume high load of CPU.
> Is there any way how to specify in XML configuration files more logs
> during the calling servlets?
>
> Thank you in advance

If you need the docs, they are still online:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-3.2-doc/index.html

I cannot say for sure, but from the configuration files I saw that
1) there is Logger element in server.xml with verbosityLevel attribute
2) there are debug="number" attributes on various elements in there.

Maybe that helps.

> I could not find any reason why the servelt consume high load of CPU.

Taking a thread dump may provide some clue.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko