Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2008/12/12 15:01:18 UTC

How to re-/set a value in a trinidad table after dialog popup

Hi,

We have a problem here when resetting the value of an input component like
tr:inputText that is in a Trinidad table.
The following context is given:

1) the user clicks on a commandLink object that is in the same cell next
to the inputComponent
2) a popup dialog is displayed, the user select a value or cancels it
3) if cancelled, the old value is reset, if not and a value has been
selected, the new value is set

The problem is that, because of the stamping,  it seems difficult to reach
the input component where the value is re-/set.
I thought we could use varStatus as an option but we have difficulty using
it.

Thus my question: has anyone a running little example or may be able to
jot down the approach with varStatus?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes and a merry Xmas time,
Wolfgang.