Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Matt Ryan <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/05/01 16:47:30 UTC

Re: Help in finalizing production model for jackrabbit-oak (1.20.0)

Hi Sudhir,

I can help with some of your questions.

I'm not as familiar with document store implementations as others on this
list so I'll let them give more details there.  I think it is fair to say
that the MongoDB document store implementation is used more commonly in
production than RDBDocumentStore.  But I'll let others comment on their
suitability for your situation.

S3DataStore is used in production environments for many large repositories
every day and would definitely be fine for your purpose.

Regarding the size, you said documents about 500Kb in size and that you
would be creating about 200,000 of these per year.  I'm assuming by
"document" you mean the binary files you wish to store in the content
repository.  Based on that understanding, I can tell you that Oak is used
in production environments every day that are much larger with much larger
binary files and much higher volume.  It should handle your usage fine.
However, I still recommend load testing the environment to make sure it
handles your use case.  In particular make sure you have sufficient network
bandwidth and disk IOPS in your environment, as these factors in particular
matter a lot for Oak performance.  It's worth the effort to test a few
scenarios to determine which environment configuration works best for you.

HTH

-MR