Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/29 02:50:41 UTC

[DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache Yetus - March 2019

The mission of Yetus is the creation and maintenance of software related to
Collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release
processes for software projects

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Yetus was founded 2015-09-15 (4 years ago)
There are currently 12 committers and 9 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-12-17.
- No new committers. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-02-06.

## Project Activity:
Patches are trickling in for an eventual 0.12.0 release! It looks like
we have folks using Apache Yetus in new and interesting ways and hitting
bugs and/or missing features or usability problems.  Frankly, it is quite
exciting and hope it leads to more community growth which will lead to more
contributions which will lead to more committers which will lead to more
PMC members.

That said, given some of the critical issues that have been filed,
a 0.12.0 will come sooner rather than later . . .

## Community Health:
As usual, a new year == more activity.  But to me the interesting thing
is how much our workflows are moving to GitHub vs. JIRA+mailing lists:

While both have had interesting discussions just in the past month, there
is no denying where stuff is happening:

* dev@yetus.apache.org had a 30% decrease in traffic in the
  past quarter (33 emails compared to 47)
* gitbox@yetus.apache.org had a 237% increase in traffic in the
  past quarter (118 emails compared to 35)

Our workflow is basically open a JIRA, then either open a GitHub PR
with your change or attach a patch file to JIRA.  It's obvious what
is the preferred path:

* 26 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (73% increase)
* 16 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (220% increase)

* 18 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (200% increase)
* 16 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (220% increase)

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache Yetus - March 2019

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.
Updated the metrics and published.

Thanks all.

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache Yetus - March 2019

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
HI all,

IMO, in the suggestion by Nick, the word 'large' can be removed. And as I
use the software, the statement could be:

The mission of Apache Yetus is to provide software enabling automated
vetting of contribution and releases
in software projects.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits