Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/11 16:12:01 UTC

Dependency injection in HttpSessionBindingListener

As part of SCA JavaEE Integration, I am looking at dependency injection into
HttpSessionBindingListener's in web apps.  HttpSessionBindingListener is
different from other listeners in that HttpSessionBindingListener need not
be specified in web.xml.  HttpSessionBindingListener gets activated
automatically when an object of that type (implementing
HttpSessionBindingListener actually) is bound to HttpSession. Other
listeners are specified in web.xml and their instantiation is done by the
web container.  Because of this, at deployment time, the web builder does
not even know if there is any HttpSessionBindingListener that it should
process to support dependency injection.  Any thing I am failing to see?

Vamsi

Re: Dependency injection in HttpSessionBindingListener

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> Section 5.4.1 in SCA JEE Integration spec v1.0, the table at line
> 484 lists HttpSessionBindingListener.  Do you think we should get
> rid of that entry?

Yes.  IMO the only things that can plausibly have container mediated
dependency injection are the objects the container creates.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.